LE6-How Successful People Stay Committed
Speaker: Francis Kong
– You can’t fake your way to success
– It is irreconcilable that you believe in luck and believe in God..
– Luck is random. God is in control
– What causes stress and midlife crisis?
Whatever we are committed to, that’s what we should pursue
– A lot of people are committed to the wrong thing
– Never let an old flame burn you twice
– Commitment is an intellectual exercise
– Put your thinking caps on
– Commitment and pursuit
obligation pledge promise
– Commit in marriage
– Commit partner in business
– Commit to faithfulness to the people I love
– Commit to Christ who gave His life for you
– Love God and love your neighbor
– You will attract what you are
– What delights you will direct you
– Tame your desires
– What you pursue will possess you
– Commit to Love God and love others
– Love entails risk
– Love you put your trust
– Pattern of actions and not words -> basis for trust
– Betrayed in business but continue to trust -> but now being more careful
– Spirit of maturity -> key to success
commit to learn the lesson
– Not all is successful
– Failure is not an option
2 kind of mistakes
– learning mistakes
– stupid mistakes -> we make the same mistakes
– Do not lose the lesson even if you lose
– Trauma can lead to growth depends on how you handle
– Commit to faithfulness and kindness
– Be faithful even if others would not
– Jesus came to fulfill all the laws
– Committed to kindness
-> do onto others what you want others to do to you
– Kayabangan disguise of insecurity
– Respect can only be earned
– Forgive but not forget
– Earn back the trust
– believe in self? believe in God
WH5 – Health Commitments to a Happier You
Speaker: Didoy Lubaton
Some time later, Jesus went up to Jerusalem for one of the Jewish festivals.
Now there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool, which in Aramaic is called
Bethesda and which is surrounded by five covered colonnades.
Here a great number of disabled people used to lie—the blind, the lame, the
paralyzed. One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years.
When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, “Do you want to get well?”
“Sir,” the invalid replied, “I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me.”
Then Jesus said to him, “Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.” At once the man was
cured; he picked up his mat and walked.
Healing happens when we cooperate with grace
Do you want to get well?
Are you committed to get well?
Lack of commitment is the number one reason why you are not healthy and happy
How much do you really want to get well?
My body is my responsibility
Take care of yourself so you can take care of others
Self care is self love and not being selfish
why do we get sick? toxic, stress
Toxicity -> sobra
sobra ng kain, anything sobra
Detoxify -> cut off something
Defficiency -> something that is lacking
Nourish -> add something
Rule of 5
5 things to make you healthy and get well
– everyday nourish the body
– the closer to nature the better
– fruits vegetable fish meat
50 percent vegetable
Drink enough water
50 x 50ml 2500 ml
Frequency is better than volume
-> Anti depressant
get out of negativity
Learn and relearn
Nourish the heart
Have meaningful connections and conversation with other people
Belong to a family and community
Feed on the word of God
Detoxify -> remove the excess and the unnecessary
2 urinating -> clear
– Filter what influences your mind
– Unlearn wrong beliefs
– Attitude of gratitude
– Forgive daily
– Release the hurt and pain
– Let go and let God
– Everyday rest
– Rest not quit
– Everyday I trust
– Trust that you can do it
– Trust God
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Trust the process
Be resilient despite the sickness
CM4 – Establishing Habit of Holiness
Speaker: Chris Padgett
You cannot live in holiness on momentum only.
You need to have movement
You cannot be a spiritual giant without movement
They have 9 child
Sanctity is unique to your vocation
There are no repeat saints
because there is no repeat story
You are unique
God is calling you
Be at peace with who you are
Your family is the avenue for sanctity
We mastered selfishness but not selflessness
You can have everything but still lose yourself
God takes all of you
It is so hard to be selfless
Faith is trust Jesus
It is difficult to have faith if you do not trust
There are millions of things that frustrates us
But Jesus is an expert with broken people
Jesus is expert with messy people
We have opportunities for trusting and healing
Judas has opportunity to say forgive me
What keeps us from God? –> It’s sin.
What you do individually doesn’t just impact you
Your choices impacts others collectively
There are some things that is beyond your control
Let us allow ourselves to be loved unconditionally
God is committed to you
While you are still a sinner, Jesus died for you
Serving is key to holiness
— there is a really is a battle
It is you that the enemy wants
Count it all joy that you encounter trials – James
Beg for grace
Lack of grace -> original sin
In Baptism -> miracle happens -> you are filled with grace -> sealed with the Holy Spirit
But after baptism, life happens
-> we want to replace and satisfy the need and lack
There is grace in:
– prayer -> general -> anything you want -> you receive grace
– Sacraments -> specific
We often times fill ourselves with the life of this world
Maintain your life with life of God’s grace
Why we are not happy because we are not holy
I need grace
Will the good -> you don’t have to feel anything
The good is that which causes you to be saint
In the moment
moment by moment say yes
Sin is appealing
Devotion with saints and learn from them
Love Mother Mary as Jesus loves her
To be saints -> God calls us to be Marian
-> signs of a saint is joy
Plenary Talk: Committed Growth: How We Can Be Committed to Make Our Life Better
Speaker: Edward Lee
– At a very young age exposed in stock market
– Go thru the difficulties in selling
– Blessed with great parents
– God was always blessing him
– You can go both ways when you experience pain.
You can go to drugs or you can make it as a challenge and grow better.
– Our passion is there -> To educate people -> That’s what keeps me going.
That’s our purpose.
– Our industry is challenging.
– You need to take care of your people.
– Make your business grow.
– Wake up early to help other people
Speaker: Rex Mendoza
– A professional means someone who excels with something and loves what he does
– Sell what you do
– Accept that people will say no
Have the courage to move on to another person
– You have to sell something -> an idea or something
– Better view of the past
– He rebelled during his younger age
– Less favored by his parents
– Yaya and santol story
– Do not fight about grades. Fight about efforts.
– To his parents -> I’ll spend for you while you are alive.
Because if I spend for you when you are dead it’s only a show for other people. – Purpose -> at first about money -> provide for family
– Business serves others -> add value to others
Share it with others
– If you are thinking of profitability only,
you are missing the point
– From career to a calling
– You will know what you are made of and you will know what to do
Speaker: Bo Sanchez
– Part of selling comes from pain
– Why still wake up in the morning?
There is a higher purpose
Plenary Talk – Committed Church: How the Church Wants the Best for Us
Day 1 PM
Speaker: Arun Gogna
B.O.B.O. – Bring Out the Best in Ourselves
The church is committed to bring out the best in us
4 Marks of the true church
Apostolic – Church is founded on the apostles
Authority was passed on thru the pope thru the bishops
“Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace be with you.
As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.'”
“He who receives you receives me, and he who
receives me receives him who sent me.”
Catholic means universal Church
It is for everyone
“And Jesus came and said to them,
‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given
Holy – because we are united in Christ
Not because we are sinless
Charity – source of holiness = love
Faithfulness is the expression of holiness
One – because one body, one spirit
“There is one body and one Spirit,
just as you were called to the one hope
that belongs to your call,
one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
one God and Father of us all,
who is above all and through all and in all.”
Church and state are one. We are the church and we are also the state.
We cannot be indifferent because we are one
WH3 – Turn Your Pain Into Purpose
Speaker: Ning Tadena
– Fear of failure
– New perspective
Look on all sides and look deep
– Failure is part of growth
– Empowerment to counter fear of responsibility
– Fear of greatness
– 96% of women think they are average
– Misguided sense of humility
– Stop looking for your purpose outside of you.
Start looking your purpose inside of you.
– You are perfectly created
– Passion – you do it even if it is hard
– Potential – possibilities, what else can you grow?
– Pain is a message that you need to listen to
– It’s something for you to understand
– Never ignore your pain
– Turn your inis into bisnis
– But never make pain a comfort
– Pain is like a splinter in your heart and mind
There is a nagging pain
This means that you are not listening.
What is the cause of pain?
Your pain might come from:
– What is the root cause of your pain?
– What am I learning from it?
– What do I need to let go of?
To combat pain and road to healing:
Pain is a Signal for growth
Pain strengthens us
BC2 – Is It Time To Sift Careers
Speaker: Penny Bongato
– What do you want to do?
– What’s the best job for me?
– Is it too late?
– The capacity to learn is a gift
– What if I fail?
– We have Negative self talk
– Persistence and learning from the failure.
Fear: Fantasized Experience Appeared Real
– Don’t worry about failure
– Worry about chances that you missed because you did not take
“Have no anxiety about anything,
but in everything by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God.”
– Find what gives joy
– Do what you love and love what you do
– Paint your future
– Take action
– Action changes things
“What you have learned and received and heard
and seen in me, do; and the God of peace will be with you.”
– Seek a mentor
“Without counsel plans go wrong,
but with many advisers they succeed.”
– Have an attitude of gratitude
– Persevere and take action