By Bro Alvin Barcelona
Where I feel there is hope
Where my joy overflows
F Am G
Where I’m embraced as I shout out my faith
There I know I’m home
Where I am forgiven
Where there’s pure understanding
F Am G
Where I may bleed and there’s a hand I can reach
There I know I’m home
Where my heart is at rest
F Am G
Where my soul finds its peace
F Am G
Where I know my God is
There I know I’m home
Where I give it my all
I will rise I may fall
F Am G
I will find at the end of my call
With you my God I’ve got home
And when the colors finally fade
I’m no longer afraid
F Am G
I’m not alone with you I am strong
I am home where I belong
There I know I’m home
Speaker : Bo Sanchez
“Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
* You are God’s home
* God is coming home to you
* God is dwelling in me
* Recognize the presence od God in another person
* I am God’s home
“Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching.
My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.”
* Look at your past with new lenses
* Look at pain, sorrow in your past – perspective of faith
* Hands of God is redirecting,
using the most painful experience to be able for you to fullfill God’s plan for you.
* I am your home, you are my home
Speaker : Fr Joel Jason
* Lost without your love
– Lost without God’s love
* Home is not only a building of stones and marbles
It is going back to the loving embrace of our Father
The Rich and the Kingdom of God
“As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him.
“Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.
You know the commandments: ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery,
you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud,
honor your father and mother.’”
“Teacher,” he declared, “all these I have kept since I was a boy.”
Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said.
“Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven.
Then come, follow me.”
At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.”
–> The problem of the man is not that he is rich, but that he is lost
–> Restless – felt lost – he was not at home
* Homing principles
1. Be Hungry – a different kind of hunger
There is a heaven sized hole in our heart, and nothing less than the infinite can fill us
– something less than God cannot fill this hole.
– You will always be restless
– what do we do and where do we go to satisfy our heart
– What am I feeding my heart with?
“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart;
yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.”
– Hunger not so much for happiness as for holiness
– If you hunger for holiness, hapiness is always a biproduct
– Pope Benedict 16th condemned false infinity
or Shallow pleasures, Fleating entertainment
– Be hungry, hungry of the things of God
2. Be Humble
– Humility is not easy
– The devil can never kneel to God
– Bend knees in prayer
– Kneel before God
a. Seek counsel and help
– find someone who can be your accountability partner
– make sure that that person will not be afraid to confront you of the truth
– The truth is only hated for the people who hate the truth
– State of perfection vs the road to perfection
– As long as we are still on earth, we are still on the road to perfection,
we fall, we slide back, but we continue towards perfection
– A man of virtue is not someone who is always right but who is always wrong
but always goes back to the right path
– It was pride who turned angels to devils, it was humility that change humans to angels
3. Be More
– Dont be satisfied with mediocrity
– The problem with you is not that you desire too much but you desire too little
– Desire for God not just the gift that He is giving
* The money that you keep is the money you give away to God’s purpose.
* When you give your money to God, you are giving yourself to God.
* Money is a symbol of value
* When you constantly offer yourself to God
giving will change you.
Sharing of Bro Art
* We have a generous God
* We have glorious God
Sharing of Bro Audee Villaraza
* The hardest part to give is when you are down to nothing
* Give until it hurts
* It’s not about your skills but its only thru the grace of God that He can work miracles
* Trust in God in everything
Bro Bo Sanchez
* We give not to get but because it is the right thing to do
* It’s in our nature that we give
* God is a giver
* Weather we like it or not, when you give, you also receive
– Law of recoprocity
* You need to give
* God blesses you in so many ways
* Biggest blessing of giving — change
2 Destructive Deceases
– The problem is not money, but the problem is materialism
– Money becomes the center of your life – more money is not equal more happy
– You achieve Happiness only by loving
– It’s God and following God will make you happy
– More giving = more happy
– Have a purpose
– Makes you selfish
* Fuel for earning more, is so that you can give more
* How can we love more?
* Matthew 19:21
Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor,
and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
– Each and everyone of us has a different calling.
– Are you called to have a vow of poverty? Or are you called to be ma millionaire missionary?
* Example of a person called to have a vow of poverty
– Fr. Steve Tynan
* Example of a person called to be a millionaire missionary
– Steve Tamayo
* Money shrinks in value
* Abraham became wealthy in livestock
* Hunter vs rancher
* Hunter kills and eats
* Rancher feeds and breeds animals
* Dont eat your cows
* Feed, nurture, multiply, grow
Dishonest money dwindles away,
but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
* The key is not just to save but to invest
* Money in the bank shrinks
Because inflation is 4% per year and your money in the bank grows only 1%
* Be a good stewardship
Isaac planted crops in that land and the same year reaped a hundredfold, because the Lord blessed him.
The man became rich, and his wealth continued to grow until he became very wealthy.
* If you want to harvest, you got go sow
* Whats your specialized skill?
* All specialized skill starts as a seed
* If you are willing to learn, you can earn so much more money
* There are so many ways to earn money
* How wealthy God follwers used wealth
* Giving opens up you life to miracles
Joanna the wife of Chuza, the manager of Herod’s household; Susanna; and many others.
These women were helping to support them out of their own means.
because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue
* God can use rich people to do His work
* One day you will be a big giver
* Yes! -> This word is very powerful
* When you open your mind, and say yes, you can create what you really really want.
* We are already abundant, use this to produce love
* Im sure God is happy if we are given blessings and we are grateful and happy
* Ecclesiastes 5:19
“Moreover, when God gives someone wealth and possessions,
and the ability to enjoy them, to accept their lot and be happy in their toil—this is a gift of God.”
* Change your mind in receiving
* Weath is created in the mind
* Whatever your mind can conceive, God can give it to you.
* If you change your mind, you change your attitude towards money.
* Patterns – it is hard wired in our brains, we dont think about it,
but they are aleady inside our brains
This will dictate how you do things and the prize you get
* Picture of yourself – How do you picture yourself?
* Tell yourself you are rich
* What you think, that is what manifest
* Unless you change your self-portrait, you cannot change yourself
* What is your Mindset?
– “its so difficult to earn money”
– “everything i need comes to me.”
– “My blessings are on the way.”
* Philippians 4:19
“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.”
* If you want to be abundant, change your picture of yourself
* Change your picture of God
* You attract poverty because that is what you think God wants you to be.
* Does God wants you to be poor?
* There is nothing wrong to be poor, if you have a vow of poverty and a vow of celibacy
* 1 Timothy 5:8
” For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,”
and, “The laborer deserves his wages.”
* God will never give you according to what you give, but He gives more than the things that you gave away.
* God is a God of abundance
* What is the purpose of life? To love one another
* The question is not should I be rich? Or poor? But the question is how can I love?
* Love as much as you can.
* How can I be prosperous?
1. God prospers those who work their land
– Do you love your work? Is it where God wants you to flourish?
– Ask yourself, what is your land?
“Those who work their land will have abundant food,
but those who chase fantasies will have their fill of poverty.”
2. God prospers those who do good work from the heart
“A generous person will prosper;
whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.”
3. God prospers those who give their first fruits
“Honor the Lord with your wealth
and with the firstfruits of all your produce;
then your barns will be filled with plenty,
and your vats will be bursting with wine.”
* Give your all
* God wants to prosper you
* Receive the abundance
* God has given you the power to create wealth
* God has given you the power to create love
* Do not limit your capacity to love
* God is bigger than whatever you are facing right now.
“The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty,
to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands.
You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none.”
– Points to Ponder
1. Storehouse of blessings for you
– Do you daily walk in that storehouse? The storehouse of blessing is waiting for you
2. There is gonna be a rain of blessings on your life
– Are you able to catch the blessings?
3. There are seasons in your life
– It’s ok to have no rain — it’s part of growth
4. To bless the work of your hands
– Your blessing will come from your work
– Sometimes you are not working in the right thing.
You need discernment to be able to wrk on the right thing
5. Lend to many nations but borrow from none
– There will come a time that you have so much that you wont need to borrow from other people
* There are many good people who are prayerful, kind, but are burried with debt
* Salary does not fit the needs to many Filipinos
* You gotta earn more
* This teaching is not common specially in church
* No matter how you increase your income, if you are not disciplined
1. Commit becoming debt free now
“The wicked borrow and do not repay,
but the righteous give generously”
– How? Little by little, inch by inch
– Paying your debt is a commitment to God
2. List down your debt including the interest
– Setup a repayment plan for your debt
– Go through your list and look at your smallest debt
– Pay the smallest debt first – create momentum
– Scratch the small debt
– More practical way is to pay the highest interest first
– Talk to your creditors. Some wants to avoid your creditors
– Ask creditor for better terms
“When a man’s ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.”
3. Add no new debt
– Simplify – spend less from what you earn and invest the difference
– Example in Grocery shopping
– have a list and stick to it
– Dont have a long list
– Dont bring your kids
Utilities – lessen your electricity bill
Clothes – dont buy expensive clothes
* If you have a credit card and dont have the discipline, dont use them
* For credit card holders, pay the whole bill at the end of each month
“The rich rule over the poor,
and the borrower is slave to the lender.”
You can borrow for your business, but dont be too aggressive in borrowing.