From Bro. Bo’s Talk
* Choose growth over money
* If you choose growth, money will follow.
* When you’re building your business, you grow in your character.
* Don’t pray that you win the lotto, pray for money machines.
* Gen. 13:9 “Is not the whole land available? Please separate from me. If you prefer the left,
I will go to the right; if you prefer the right, I will go to the left.”
Gen. 13:14-15 “After Lot had parted from him, the Lord said to Abraham: Look about you.
and from where you are, gaze to the north and south, east and west; all the land that you see
I will give to you and your descendants forever.”
– There is growth in kindness, patience and perseverance
* Solomon, when asked by God what he wants to have,
told God “Give me wisdom.”
– He chose growth.
* In due time, the money will follow.
From Dean Pax Lapid’s Talk
* Commitment to growth.
* Rich – man with many money
Wealthy – man with passion in mind and heart
– leaves legacy
* We strive from good, better, to best.
– This is the encapsulation of growth.
* Growth is a marathon
1. Purpose – Dean Pax Lapid’s purpose –
“I aspire to inspire before I expire.”
2. Preparation and Planning
* Getting ahead
* Moving forward
* Passion – Energizes your talents
* Courage – Test the talent
* Growth must be seen in 3D
1. Discover – Explore talent
2. Develop – Excel in your gift
3. Deliver – Expand Talent
* BHAG – Big Hairy Audacious Goal
* Price Tag for growth
– Big dream is not enough
– add positive attitude and big effort
– subtract what is fearful
– Fear of loss
– Fear of process
– Fear of outcome
– Yearn to earn, Yearn to learn
* Your X-Factor is your excellence with your talent
* Excel in planning
– “Vision without execution is hallucination” – Henry Ford
* 2 Failures
1. Thinking without action
2. Action without thinking
* Serve – divide
* Satisfy Customers – multiply
– Show love
* Serve first, the money will follow
* Service starts with sincerity
* 2 Things Customers Buy
2. Happiness – something that makes them happy
* Expand Prospects
– It’s all about relationship and love
* Self -> Service -> Significance
* If you want to grow, pray to God not to be better
but to be the best.
* There’s always gonna be a risk when you love
“There was a rich man whose land produced a bountiful harvest.
He asked himself. “What shall I do, for I do not have space
to store my harvest?” And he said, “This is what I shall do:
I shall tear down my barns and build bigger ones. There I shall
store all my grain and other goods and I shall say to myself,
“Now as for you, you have so many good things stored up
for many years, rest, eat, drink, be merry!”
But God said to him, ‘You fool, this night your life will be
demanded of you; and the things you have prepared, to whom
will they belong?’ Thus will it be for the one who stored
up treasure for himself but is not rich in what matters to God.”
* How do you manage when you have nothing?
How do you behave when you have everything?
* Be managers and not horders of God’s blessings
* When God multiplies your wealth, divide it.
* 4 Ways to give
1. Give to your family
1 Timothy 5:8
“And whoever does not provide for relatives and
especially family members has denied the faith
and is worse than an unbeliever.”
– You cannot share what you don’t have
* where can I borrow money? Or where can I earn money?
* I giving, dole outs are only for emergencies
– Don’t train them to be parasites
– Teach them how to fish, and not just give them fish
– Problem: Some families cannot work together
2. Share to your team
“Masters, treat your slaves justly and fairly,
realizing that you too have a Master in heaven.”
– Love your employees
– Customers don’t deal with company, they deal with people.
– Give them balance
– Productivity increases when they spend time with family.
3. Give to the poor
“Likewise, you shall not pick your vineyard bare,
nor gather up the grapes that have fallen. These things
you shall leave for the poor and the alien. I, the Lord,
am your God.”
– Law of Gleaning
– People centered or profit centered
4. Give to the Lord
“Honor the Lord with your wealth, with first fruits
of all your produce”
– When You give, you become more of Christ to others
– When you give, you open yourself more to joy, more love.
– You cannot outdo God in His generosity.
Jesus Entrepreneur – MULTIPLY
“For which of you, desiring to build a tower,
does not first sit down and count the cost,
whether he has enough to complete it?
Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation,
and is not able to finish, all who see it
begin to mock him, saying, ‘This man began to
build and was not able to finish.'”
* A business should start by wanting to share to others.
* Who you want to serve and who you want to share.
* How do you multiply your business?
– Multiply your serving.
* Serve first and the money will follow
* 4 Ways to Increase Your Service
1. Scale = Quantity
– How many people are you serving?
– Henry Sy serve 1 Million people everyday
– Use Teams and technology
– Duplicate yourself
2. Increase Satisfaction = Quality
– How many customers are happy with your service?
– Psalms 22:29
“Yea, to him shall all the proud of the earth
bow down; before him shall bow all who go down
to the dust, and he who cannot keep himself alive.”
3. Increase savings
– 60% – re-invest
– 40% – share profit
4. Increase symbiosis = Relationship
I want to buy a book.
– someone sells a book whom I don’t know
– someone sells a book whom I know
– someone sells a book whom I like
– someone sells a book whom I love –> I will buy the book from
– 1 Peter 4:8
“Above all hold unfailing your love for one another,
since love covers a multitude of sins.”
* Best business strategy in the world is LOVE.
It’s still all about relationship and love.
* Are you using your special gift for the good of others?
* Just like in a tree, the fruit should be eaten by others. The tree does not eat its own fruits. Every gift that we have should be used for others. This is how we can love.
* Spear vs Shield — In a war, the spear is more powerful, because it gets the job done — it kills the enemy.
* The law of FOCUS — Successful people are focused on one thing
* Focus is painful — because you have to say NO to many things and say YES to only one thing. Because when you say YES to everything, you lack focus, and you wont get the job done.
* Jack of all trades, master of none.
* What is your special gifts? Focus on that one thing.
* 3 Things That You Need to Subtract
Misconception # 1 – Winners do what’s hot.
Winners don’t care what is hot outside, but what’s hot inside him.
What do I love doing? What don’t I like doing?
What is that one thing that you’re passionate about?
FOLLOW YOUR ANOINTING.
Misconception #2 – Successful people do many things.
At first, before they become successful, they master only 1 skill.
But as time goes by, when he already mastered that 1 thing, he can try out another, and focus on that new thing.
In the end, they can create multiple income stream, but from the start, this is not so. Since they are very much
focused on that 1 skill first. And they master it.
When you are still starting your own business, subtract the following:
1. Décor — business overhead — remove unnecessary things that costs too much.
2. Personal Overhead — co-mingling of funds – Example, you are successful at the start, then, you want to reward yourself and buy yourself a brand new watch using the funds of the business.
Suggestion – 60% of the profit — revolve it in the business, or invest it in the stock market
3. Delusion — pride comes before destruction
Fatal Mistake # 1 – Start big
If you start small, you make small mistakes. If you start big, you make big mistakes.
Business has its own time and season.
Fatal Mistake # 3 – Borrow Big
If the interest costs at least 2% per month, don’t borrow from there.
* Go for more, if more means God. — If more means more love, more service.
* Go back to your original why. Why do you want to build a business?
* Do you have more of God to your life now?
* Use money to serve and love God.
* Focus more on Jesus
* Let go of the things that would draw you away from God.
In the end, the reason for having a business is to love God and to love others. Subtract what is moving you away from God. He is the only reason for everything that we do. Because He is our creator, and He created us and gave us gifts and talents so that we can receive His love, and that we can love Him back when we use these gifts.
* A business should be an operation of love.
* A business without love has no soul.
* Profit is holy if your business is love.
* Success is all about training
* See everything as God’s training
* Money is a symbol of value, it represents value.
* Add value to the lives of others.
* If you want to increase your income, always think what I can give value to others.
* Business is like a tree. The fruit is love. The leaves are the money. The more leaves, the more fruits. Because leaves absorbs sunlight which converts it to nutrients for the tree to bear fruits. For the business to thrive, it needs rolling capital to keep the business from getting bankrupt and for it to grow and produce fruit.
* 5 Trainings that you need to add
Reflected experience is the greater teacher
Experience from service and sales
Business is selling.
When fully trained, every disciple would be like his trainer.
Reason why business fail is because of pride.
Prov. 11:14 “Where there is no guidance, a people fails; but in an
abundance of counselors there is safety.”
Action precedes clarity
Nobody is truly ready for anything
Adjust and correct
Everything rises and falls on the character
Love of Jesus
Can I trust you? Integrity
Work is not just a means of earning, its a means of loving
Talk 1 talks about what training we need for us to start a business and become entrepreneur. They gave some strategy as to what to do and what should be our attitude towards business.
In the end, it’s all about love. We are created in God’s image and likeness. And He is love. We are equipped with talents and everything that we need for us to share God’s love to others. Without love, we become miserable. Love is life giving. Because God is himself love.