Debt-Proof Your Life
Speaker: Bro JC Libiran
Carry your shield inside you
“The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise him.”
“God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
Put our trust in God
There is a God who looks after us
We are safe in God
At the end of the day, only God is our ultimate safe place
Go to your safe place
2 Kinds of Dragons(Problems) in Life
1. Real – 10% are real problems
2. Fake – 90% are not real problems
What is you safe place? Is it inside the castle or are you constantly holding a shield?
Why people lack abundance?
Most people stay in their comfort zone -> just staying inside their castle
Get out of confort zone – courage zone -> experience growth
Walang magbabago kung wala kang babaguhin
How big is your comfort zone?
I carry my shield inside me.
My shield is no other than my Jesus.
Whatever you’ve lost, you will earn sevenfold
While I am asleep, God is solving my problem
* The money that you keep is the money you give away to God’s purpose.
* When you give your money to God, you are giving yourself to God.
* Money is a symbol of value
* When you constantly offer yourself to God
giving will change you.
Sharing of Bro Art
* We have a generous God
* We have glorious God
Sharing of Bro Audee Villaraza
* The hardest part to give is when you are down to nothing
* Give until it hurts
* It’s not about your skills but its only thru the grace of God that He can work miracles
* Trust in God in everything
Bro Bo Sanchez
* We give not to get but because it is the right thing to do
* It’s in our nature that we give
* God is a giver
* Weather we like it or not, when you give, you also receive
– Law of recoprocity
* You need to give
* God blesses you in so many ways
* Biggest blessing of giving — change
2 Destructive Deceases
– The problem is not money, but the problem is materialism
– Money becomes the center of your life – more money is not equal more happy
– You achieve Happiness only by loving
– It’s God and following God will make you happy
– More giving = more happy
– Have a purpose
– Makes you selfish
* Fuel for earning more, is so that you can give more
* How can we love more?
* Matthew 19:21
Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor,
and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
– Each and everyone of us has a different calling.
– Are you called to have a vow of poverty? Or are you called to be ma millionaire missionary?
* Example of a person called to have a vow of poverty
– Fr. Steve Tynan
* Example of a person called to be a millionaire missionary
– Steve Tamayo
* Money shrinks in value
* Abraham became wealthy in livestock
* Hunter vs rancher
* Hunter kills and eats
* Rancher feeds and breeds animals
* Dont eat your cows
* Feed, nurture, multiply, grow
Dishonest money dwindles away,
but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
* The key is not just to save but to invest
* Money in the bank shrinks
Because inflation is 4% per year and your money in the bank grows only 1%
* Be a good stewardship
Isaac planted crops in that land and the same year reaped a hundredfold, because the Lord blessed him.
The man became rich, and his wealth continued to grow until he became very wealthy.
* If you want to harvest, you got go sow
* Whats your specialized skill?
* All specialized skill starts as a seed
* If you are willing to learn, you can earn so much more money
* There are so many ways to earn money
* How wealthy God follwers used wealth
* Giving opens up you life to miracles
Joanna the wife of Chuza, the manager of Herod’s household; Susanna; and many others.
These women were helping to support them out of their own means.
because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue
* God can use rich people to do His work
* One day you will be a big giver
* Yes! -> This word is very powerful
* When you open your mind, and say yes, you can create what you really really want.
* We are already abundant, use this to produce love
* Im sure God is happy if we are given blessings and we are grateful and happy
* Ecclesiastes 5:19
“Moreover, when God gives someone wealth and possessions,
and the ability to enjoy them, to accept their lot and be happy in their toil—this is a gift of God.”
* Change your mind in receiving
* Weath is created in the mind
* Whatever your mind can conceive, God can give it to you.
* If you change your mind, you change your attitude towards money.
* Patterns – it is hard wired in our brains, we dont think about it,
but they are aleady inside our brains
This will dictate how you do things and the prize you get
* Picture of yourself – How do you picture yourself?
* Tell yourself you are rich
* What you think, that is what manifest
* Unless you change your self-portrait, you cannot change yourself
* What is your Mindset?
– “its so difficult to earn money”
– “everything i need comes to me.”
– “My blessings are on the way.”
* Philippians 4:19
“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.”
* If you want to be abundant, change your picture of yourself
* Change your picture of God
* You attract poverty because that is what you think God wants you to be.
* Does God wants you to be poor?
* There is nothing wrong to be poor, if you have a vow of poverty and a vow of celibacy
* 1 Timothy 5:8
” For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,”
and, “The laborer deserves his wages.”
* God will never give you according to what you give, but He gives more than the things that you gave away.
* God is a God of abundance
* What is the purpose of life? To love one another
* The question is not should I be rich? Or poor? But the question is how can I love?
* Love as much as you can.
* How can I be prosperous?
1. God prospers those who work their land
– Do you love your work? Is it where God wants you to flourish?
– Ask yourself, what is your land?
“Those who work their land will have abundant food,
but those who chase fantasies will have their fill of poverty.”
2. God prospers those who do good work from the heart
“A generous person will prosper;
whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.”
3. God prospers those who give their first fruits
“Honor the Lord with your wealth
and with the firstfruits of all your produce;
then your barns will be filled with plenty,
and your vats will be bursting with wine.”
* Give your all
* God wants to prosper you
* Receive the abundance
* God has given you the power to create wealth
* God has given you the power to create love
* Do not limit your capacity to love
* God is bigger than whatever you are facing right now.
“The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty,
to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands.
You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none.”
– Points to Ponder
1. Storehouse of blessings for you
– Do you daily walk in that storehouse? The storehouse of blessing is waiting for you
2. There is gonna be a rain of blessings on your life
– Are you able to catch the blessings?
3. There are seasons in your life
– It’s ok to have no rain — it’s part of growth
4. To bless the work of your hands
– Your blessing will come from your work
– Sometimes you are not working in the right thing.
You need discernment to be able to wrk on the right thing
5. Lend to many nations but borrow from none
– There will come a time that you have so much that you wont need to borrow from other people
* There are many good people who are prayerful, kind, but are burried with debt
* Salary does not fit the needs to many Filipinos
* You gotta earn more
* This teaching is not common specially in church
* No matter how you increase your income, if you are not disciplined
1. Commit becoming debt free now
“The wicked borrow and do not repay,
but the righteous give generously”
– How? Little by little, inch by inch
– Paying your debt is a commitment to God
2. List down your debt including the interest
– Setup a repayment plan for your debt
– Go through your list and look at your smallest debt
– Pay the smallest debt first – create momentum
– Scratch the small debt
– More practical way is to pay the highest interest first
– Talk to your creditors. Some wants to avoid your creditors
– Ask creditor for better terms
“When a man’s ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.”
3. Add no new debt
– Simplify – spend less from what you earn and invest the difference
– Example in Grocery shopping
– have a list and stick to it
– Dont have a long list
– Dont bring your kids
Utilities – lessen your electricity bill
Clothes – dont buy expensive clothes
* If you have a credit card and dont have the discipline, dont use them
* For credit card holders, pay the whole bill at the end of each month
“The rich rule over the poor,
and the borrower is slave to the lender.”
You can borrow for your business, but dont be too aggressive in borrowing.