– Pink – being joyful and rejoicing
Speaker: Bro Alvin
“Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him.”
“Lazy hands make for poverty,
but diligent hands bring wealth.”
* The rhythm of work and trust
* We are always busy even in our sleep
* We need inner peace
* You need a rhythm of work and trust
* Gift of rest, gift of sleep
* We need to Stop look and listen
* Story of The Wizard of Oz
– Lion was looking for his courage
– Tin man was searching for his heart
– Scarecrow was looking for his brain
– In the end, they did not realized that they already had it.
– Sometimes we are looking for the things that
we need, not knowing that we already have the
things that we need. God already gave it to us.
“Be still and know that I am God.”
* Stop to sharpen your axe
* 3 secrets of stopping
– Pause even within the event
2. Look – Am i going in the right direction?
What are you busy about?
Am i going nearer or farther my destination?
3. Listen – listen to your body
– Listen to God
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
By Bro Bo
* When we go thru struggles, we fold up,
but when we pray, we open up our life to God.
* Psalms 91
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”
* A home is filled with love.
* A home without love is a terrible place.
* No matter how beautiful home, you need love to make it a real home.
* Only Jesus is your real home
* Psalms 46:1-2
God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
* There’s only one person that will not shake,
and will not fail you, it is Jesus.
* Cortisol – chemical in body it heightens all your senses, it pumps blood, ready to fight or flight
– this chemical is released when we are afraid
– fear makes you survive but will not make you grow
* Today you have no lions around.
* The lion is your stress.
* We are marinating our bodies with cortesol because of stress.
* God is your home
* Rest with Jesus.
* Most of us have difficult people.
* Walk away. Forgive, yes. Love them from a distance.
* The worst monster in you life is yourself. You hurt yourself, criticize yourself.
* You need to run home to Jesus -> only He will say to you, I love you, i will not criticize you.
* The message of the world -> perform, and I will love you
* God’s message -> before you perform, I already love you
* God is the only one who can give you peace and rest
* Many people are looking for a home, a safe place,
where they will not be judged, where he will totally be accepted.
* Can you be a safe place for someone?
Speaker: Bro Alvin Barcelona
2 Pressures of Christmas
1. The pressure to be happy –> if not achieved, you experience double depression
2. The pressure of making others happy
-> You want to please them all
Advent – Joyful waiting for the Lord
– Waiting and preparing for the coming of Jesus
– We prepare for His coming as King.
Jesus is Emmanuel
-God with us.
– Peaceful Christmas
– Uclattered, uncomplicated
“The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son,
and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”)
“Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
God is with me
And when God is with me, I have everything