Alive-How to Win in All Stages of Life
Speaker: Bro Ody Villaraza
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
- Life with Abundance
- Life that is Exceptional
- Life that is Great
- Extraordinary life
- Don’t miss His blessing
Speaker: Bro Alvin Barcelona
How do you live your life to the full?
BIG MESSAGE: PLAY
4 Types of Living
2. Fast forward
Do you thing that you are missing out in life?
- Some have the tendency to Escape Life
- They escape the painful part of life
- How do you live your life amidst pain? Face it.
- We may live life fully, but we have the tendency to Escape problems
- Escape in form of addictions. Addiction is a cry for love
- They substitute love in the form of addiction
- They substitute it with something cheap and they become dependent and addicted
Top 10 Addiction
1. Coffee – Caffeine is addictive drug
3. Anger -> aggression addiction
-> Coping strategy
4. Food -> more common in women
5. Computers, internet, FB, games
-> Is as addictive and deadly as drugs
- We are prone to be addicted to something
- This is a failure to face life
- Face the challenges
- How? We run to God
Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
2 Types of Past
1. Bad Past
- Cant move on
2. Good Past
- There is the danger of retired your growth because you wont change your style
- The vehicle that brought to where you are now
will not be the same vehicle that will bring you to where you want to go
- Millions of people are stuck in the escalator of their lives
- Move on and move forward
- If past is painful, GOD can heal you and make something good out of this pain.
1 Corinthians 2:9
However, as it is written:
“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived” —
the things God has prepared for those who love him.”
- You are always in a hurry
- You feel that time flies
- Time is the great equalizer –> We all have 24 hours
- Life is fast. Don’t make it faster
- Don’t worry and don’t hurry
- Stop and enjoy the flowers and the bees
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
- Put play and pacing and enjoyment in your work.
- Live life. That’s what God wants
Be still and know that He is God
Speaker: Bro Didoy
2 Corinthians 4:14
Because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead
will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to himself.
BIG MESSAGE: GOD IS RENEWING YOU EVERYDAY.
- You never retire, you renew
- Life never stops
Speaker: Bro Bo Sanchez
- Older people are happier based on survey
- Old age is meant to renew your life
The glory of young men is their strength,
gray hair the splendor of the old.
- Don’t focus on what you loss, focus on what you gained
Life becomes Richer – Relish relationships
Life becomes Easier – Become more free -Sense of self – It’s Ok if some don’t like you-
Nothing to prove to anyone anymore
Life become Nobler – Share more- Cup is full – No longer thinking of self
Life become Emptier – More detach to things, create space for God in your life
Plan for your second act
Pray for it
Older people are more generous
Life becomes Wiser – because of many failures
The more I know, the more I don’t know
- Don’t retire, renew your fire
- Prayerfully write your last will and your living will
Teach us to number our days,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
- Plant seeds of love in your first and second qtr of life
So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning:
for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels,
and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.
- God will bless the latter days of your life more than the former days
Speaker: Bro Odie Villaraza
Moses said to Joshua, “Choose some of our men and go out to fight the Amalekites.
Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill with the staff of God in my hands.”
So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses,
Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill.
As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning,
but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning.
When Moses’ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it.
Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side,
one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset.
So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword.
- There are going to be times that you will be tired
- God sends people in your life
- When Moses arms grew tired, Aaron and Hur brought a stone for him to sit on.
- God sends people in your life who will lift you up.
But people can also fail you.
Good thing, there is the stone.
Stone represents God. Who is unmoveable. He is my rock and my salvation.
Speaker: Bro Bo Sanchez
- Second Quarter of your life –> This is when you carry your heaviest responsibilities
- What should be your heart’s disposition?
BIG MESSAGE : PURSUE PROBLEMS WITH PEACE.
- You will see God’s victory in your life.
- Pursue problems over ease.
- Peter Pan generation has come to us.
The average age now of marriage is 30
This is due to fear of problems.
- Success is based on how you handle problems
- How to handle problems? Sit on the rock –> God is my rock and my salvation.
- You are a connector between God and the people in your life
- Someone asked Bro Bo, “Why are you making your life hard?
You don’t have to do all those things that you are doing.”
His reply –> “I chose to pursue those problems.”
- Do you avoid problems?
- Maybe that’s the reason why you are not growing.
- Two words of advice:
- If you are going to pursue problems, don’t do it alone
Constituents VS confidants
Constituents – they are for what you are for
Confidants– they value you
If you chose to pursue your problems, don’t do it alone.
Find confidants who will continue to encourage you.
Speaker: Bro George Gabriel
2. Focus on your future
Focus on the prize rather than the pain
We don’t love the struggle, but we love the victory
You cannot have victory without the struggle
Speaker Bro Bo Sanchez
- Each particular stage in life have specific posture of the heart
- There is a stage appropriate posture of the heart for a particular season of life
2 Timothy 1:7
“For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid,
but gives us power, love and self-discipline.”
- Do not be afraid. God is with you
BIG MESSAGE: PURSUE PROGRESS OVER SAFETY
- When you are young, the tendency is to be afraid of the unfamiliar.
- Go out of you safe place
- Safety is good because it keep away from bad stuff and as long as it does not prevent progress.
- The most dangerous thing is your safe place
- At this stage, you have the least responsibilities
- There are exceptions
- 3 Zones
Comfort zone –> safety if you want to fail in life
Courage zones –> failures are your teachers
Crazy zones –> failures are decoration –> you do failures again and again
- Abraham moved from his comfort to courage zone. He moved from Uhr to Canaan
- Moses was a prince in Egypt, then he moved to his courage zone. He left his palace –> the Israelites was freed because Moses went to his courage zone
- Peter was a fisherman. Then one day, Jesus came to him –> Peter left his boat and followed Jesus
- What do you need to leave behind?
- what palace do you need to leave?
- Now is the time to start you small business
- You don’t stop. Learn new skills
- Learn today and you will apply it in the future
- Now is the time to volunteer in ministry
- Now is the time to work in teams. Learn how to work with them
- Now is the time to find your calling
- To discern your voice
- To discover your place in the world
- Now is the time to make mistakes
- Regrets of old people –> I did not take enough risks.
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them,
for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Speaker Migz Ramirez
- 1st generation – young generation
- 2nd generation – younger generation
- The only thing that separates young and old is your courage –> courage to ask question
- Courage to dream
- Transition –> hurtful experience –> if we are hurt, we stop asking questions
- These hurtful experiences makes us crawl back to our comfort zones
- What can you do to get back?
- Questions – we assume things. we don’t ask
Dapat alam mo na yan. A young person has inquisitive mind, always ask what if, why, how.
1 Samuel 14 :1 6,7
One day Jonathan son of Saul said to his young armor-bearer,
“Come, let’s go over to the Philistine outpost on the other side.”
But he did not tell his father.
Jonathan said to his young armor-bearer, “Come, let’s go over to the outpost of those uncircumcised men.
Perhaps the Lord will act in our behalf. Nothing can hinder the Lord from saving, whether by many or by few.”
“Do all that you have in mind,” his armor-bearer said. “Go ahead; I am with you heart and soul.”
Quiet – 1 Samuel 14:8-12 –> Small moment of quiet –> have Trust –> not analysis paralysis
Jonathan said, “Come on, then; we will cross over toward them and let them see us.
If they say to us, ‘Wait there until we come to you,’ we will stay where we are and not go up to them.
But if they say, ‘Come up to us,’ we will climb up, because that will be our sign that the Lord has given them into our hands.”
So both of them showed themselves to the Philistine outpost. “Look!” said the Philistines.
“The Hebrews are crawling out of the holes they were hiding in.”
The men of the outpost shouted to Jonathan and his armor-bearer, “Come up to us and we’ll teach you a lesson.”
So Jonathan said to his armor-bearer, “Climb up after me; the Lord has given them into the hand of Israel.”
- Jonathan was not paralyzed by fear, he was pushed by his faith
Quest – 1 Samuel 14:13-15 22-23
Jonathan climbed up, using his hands and feet, with his armor-bearer right behind him. The Philistines fell before Jonathan,
and his armor-bearer followed and killed behind him. In that first attack Jonathan and his armor-bearer killed some twenty men
in an area of about half an acre.
When all the Israelites who had hidden in the hill country of Ephraim heard that the Philistines were on the run,
they joined the battle in hot pursuit.
- Just do it
- What are the questions in you life? what are the what if?
- Be quiet with God
- Commit to your quest
- Are you willing to take that leap?