Month: November 2017
Plenary Talk – Committed Church: How the Church Wants the Best for Us
Day 1 PM
Speaker: Arun Gogna
B.O.B.O. – Bring Out the Best in Ourselves
The church is committed to bring out the best in us
4 Marks of the true church
Apostolic – Church is founded on the apostles
Authority was passed on thru the pope thru the bishops
“Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace be with you.
As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.'”
“He who receives you receives me, and he who
receives me receives him who sent me.”
Catholic means universal Church
It is for everyone
“And Jesus came and said to them,
‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given
Holy – because we are united in Christ
Not because we are sinless
Charity – source of holiness = love
Faithfulness is the expression of holiness
One – because one body, one spirit
“There is one body and one Spirit,
just as you were called to the one hope
that belongs to your call,
one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
one God and Father of us all,
who is above all and through all and in all.”
Church and state are one. We are the church and we are also the state.
We cannot be indifferent because we are one
WH3 – Turn Your Pain Into Purpose
Speaker: Ning Tadena
– Fear of failure
– New perspective
Look on all sides and look deep
– Failure is part of growth
– Empowerment to counter fear of responsibility
– Fear of greatness
– 96% of women think they are average
– Misguided sense of humility
– Stop looking for your purpose outside of you.
Start looking your purpose inside of you.
– You are perfectly created
– Passion – you do it even if it is hard
– Potential – possibilities, what else can you grow?
– Pain is a message that you need to listen to
– It’s something for you to understand
– Never ignore your pain
– Turn your inis into bisnis
– But never make pain a comfort
– Pain is like a splinter in your heart and mind
There is a nagging pain
This means that you are not listening.
What is the cause of pain?
Your pain might come from:
– What is the root cause of your pain?
– What am I learning from it?
– What do I need to let go of?
To combat pain and road to healing:
Pain is a Signal for growth
Pain strengthens us
BC2 – Is It Time To Sift Careers
Speaker: Penny Bongato
– What do you want to do?
– What’s the best job for me?
– Is it too late?
– The capacity to learn is a gift
– What if I fail?
– We have Negative self talk
– Persistence and learning from the failure.
Fear: Fantasized Experience Appeared Real
– Don’t worry about failure
– Worry about chances that you missed because you did not take
“Have no anxiety about anything,
but in everything by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God.”
– Find what gives joy
– Do what you love and love what you do
– Paint your future
– Take action
– Action changes things
“What you have learned and received and heard
and seen in me, do; and the God of peace will be with you.”
– Seek a mentor
“Without counsel plans go wrong,
but with many advisers they succeed.”
– Have an attitude of gratitude
– Persevere and take action
WH1 – How To Prepare Quick and Easy Healthy Meal
Speaker: Chef Jessie Sincioco
This document is not 100% accurate.
I just write this as I remembered.
Chef Jessie, a proud Catholic, was the chef of Pop Francis when he visited in Manila last January 2014. She also was the chef of the delegates of the recent ASEAN Summit last November 2017. But she preferred to be called the chef of Pope Francis. She is very proud to say that Pope Francis never experienced stomach ache during his stay here in Manila. Her dream when she was still young was to work on a prestigious bank. She studied financial course in college. But when she graduated, God led her to the kitchen. She now has a restaurant Top of The City in Citibank Makati. She also mentioned that she is still serving Pope Francis meal in her restaurant. Portion of the earnings for this meal is donated to charity.
This desert was prepared for diabetic persons.
3 tbs Cocoa
1. Blend the 3 ingredients
2. Place it in a small round for 3
3. Place it in an oven which was preheated 350 degrees
and cook it for 10 minutes
End Result: Looks like a banana cup cake
1 bowl Brown Rice
1 bowl Red Rice
Some vegetables (non-leaves) found in your refrigerator
roasted chicken (breast part)
Olive oil (regular)
1. Preheat in a pan olive oil
2. Place sliced garlic in the pan and stir
3. Place sliced onion in the pan and stir
4. Place sliced vegetable and chicken in the pan and stir
5. Place brown and red rice and stir
6. Add Salt and Pepper to season
7. Place it in a bowl and place bowl in the plate facing down
8. Add some broccoli and other vegetables on the side (plating)
End Result is a beautiful plated main dish.
Olive oil (virgin)
Apple cider vinegar
1. Blanch Pako and Alugbati
2. Place it in a bowl
3. Mix Olive oil and Apple Cider vinegar
4. Mix the mixture to the alugbati and pako
5. Add sliced tomato
6. Add some nuts
Result is a nice healthy salad
For sanitation purposes,
Have a separate chopping boards (color coded)
1 for meat
2 for fish
3 for vegetables
4 for fruits
5 for bread
Have a separate knives (color coded – same color for each of the five chopping boards)
Wash your hands with water and soap every time you hold something in your hand
Plenary Talk – Committed God: How God is All Out for Us
Day 1 AM
Speaker: Bo Sanchez
“When the days drew near for him to be received up,
he set his face to go to Jerusalem”
Jesus is already set to go to Jerusalem to die.
Jesus is committed to us
He is committed to die
Speaker: Mike Vinas
“My son, if you come forward to serve the Lord,
prepare yourself for temptation.
Set your heart right and be steadfast,
and do not be hasty in time of calamity.
Cleave to him and do not depart,
that you may be honored at the end of your life.
Accept whatever is brought upon you,
and in changes that humble you be patient.
For gold is tested in the fire,
and acceptable men in the furnace of humiliation.”
John 16 33
“I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace
in this world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer,
I have overcome the world.”
Blessings comes, but along blessings comes battles.
But with Jesus, battles are won
Trials —–?—– Triumph
Between trials and triumph? We trust.
“Trust in him, and he will help you; make your way straight,
and hope in him.”