From the Homily of Fr. Balatbat
- The Feast is all about relationship and friendship
- Ang batas ay nilikha para mahalin ang kapwa –> The law was created to love others
- May peke at tunay na masaya –> There is a fake and true joy
- What is the missing part of the longing of the heart?
- what must I do to be happy?
- It is to love.
Speaker: Bro. Bo Sanchez
4 Most Important Messages That Bro Bo Gave
1 Be Loved
2 Be whole
3 Be Humble
4 Be Love
1 John 4:19
We love because he first loved.
- Why do you do the things you do?
- God made the first move.
- God really really likes you.
- The first step of the Christian life is to be loved. To allow God to love you.
- Embrace you with God’s wounds
- The whole Christian life is a response to that love
- You cannot create love
- I’m Gods beloved
- God already love you even before you do anything
- God’s love is irrational
- God’s love is foolish
- To understand that we are the beloved of God, look at the creation of God
- Look at Christ that you may know His love for you
- Christianity is a love story
1 John 4:7
Beloved, let us love one another.
But what do we see right now? People don’t love people
How can I love the unlovable?
How can I do it?
The first word “Beloved” is the secret to love. You’ve got to be first beloved.
You must first be loved. And then you can love
It all starts from being a beloved
1. A good criminal
A good thief
Luke 23:42 43
Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
He was a bandit
He was violent in his life
He was a thief
Old life and new life
God does not look at your garbage
God forgives you even to the end of your life.
2. Crazy prophet
When the Lord began to speak through Hosea, the Lord said to him,
“Go, marry a promiscuous woman and have children with her,
for like an adulterous wife this land is guilty of unfaithfulness to the Lord.”
So he married Gomer daughter of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a son.
The Lord said to me, “Go, show your love to your wife again,
though she is loved by another man and is an adulteress.
Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods
and love the sacred raisin cakes.”
So I bought her for fifteen shekels of silver and about a homer
and a lethek of barley. Then I told her, “You are to live with me many days;
you must not be a prostitute or be intimate with any man,
and I will behave the same way toward you.”
The story of Hosea and Gomer reflected the story of God and His people.
Hosea married Gomer the prostitute. She was not faithful to Hosea,
to the point that she ran away from home. But Hosea was faithful to Gomer.
He went and looked for her and bought her back when he saw that Gomer
was already for sale as a slave. God’s faithfulness to his people,
to us, is beyond our understanding. Despite of our unfaithfulness,
He is faithful and searches for us. He even bought us for a price.
The price of His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. That we may once
again be with Him.
Hosea (Song inspired by the Book of Hosea)
Come back to me with all your heart
Don’t let fear keep us apart
Trees do bend though straight and tall
So must we to others call
Long have I waited for
Your coming home to me
And living deeply our new life
The wilderness will lead you
To the place where I will speak
Integrity and justice
You shall know.
You are Gods beloved
Speaker: Bro JC Libiran
That is why we can love others, because we were loved first
Photo Gallery of Bro Bo’s Birthday Special Feast