Speaker Bro Bo Sanchez
- Each particular stage in life have specific posture of the heart
- There is a stage appropriate posture of the heart for a particular season of life
2 Timothy 1:7
“For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid,
but gives us power, love and self-discipline.”
- Do not be afraid. God is with you
BIG MESSAGE: PURSUE PROGRESS OVER SAFETY
- When you are young, the tendency is to be afraid of the unfamiliar.
- Go out of you safe place
- Safety is good because it keep away from bad stuff and as long as it does not prevent progress.
- The most dangerous thing is your safe place
- At this stage, you have the least responsibilities
- There are exceptions
- 3 Zones
Comfort zone –> safety if you want to fail in life
Courage zones –> failures are your teachers
Crazy zones –> failures are decoration –> you do failures again and again
- Abraham moved from his comfort to courage zone. He moved from Uhr to Canaan
- Moses was a prince in Egypt, then he moved to his courage zone. He left his palace –> the Israelites was freed because Moses went to his courage zone
- Peter was a fisherman. Then one day, Jesus came to him –> Peter left his boat and followed Jesus
- What do you need to leave behind?
- what palace do you need to leave?
- Now is the time to start you small business
- You don’t stop. Learn new skills
- Learn today and you will apply it in the future
- Now is the time to volunteer in ministry
- Now is the time to work in teams. Learn how to work with them
- Now is the time to find your calling
- To discern your voice
- To discover your place in the world
- Now is the time to make mistakes
- Regrets of old people –> I did not take enough risks.
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them,
for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Speaker Migz Ramirez
- 1st generation – young generation
- 2nd generation – younger generation
- The only thing that separates young and old is your courage –> courage to ask question
- Courage to dream
- Transition –> hurtful experience –> if we are hurt, we stop asking questions
- These hurtful experiences makes us crawl back to our comfort zones
- What can you do to get back?
- Questions – we assume things. we don’t ask
Dapat alam mo na yan. A young person has inquisitive mind, always ask what if, why, how.
1 Samuel 14 :1 6,7
One day Jonathan son of Saul said to his young armor-bearer,
“Come, let’s go over to the Philistine outpost on the other side.”
But he did not tell his father.
Jonathan said to his young armor-bearer, “Come, let’s go over to the outpost of those uncircumcised men.
Perhaps the Lord will act in our behalf. Nothing can hinder the Lord from saving, whether by many or by few.”
“Do all that you have in mind,” his armor-bearer said. “Go ahead; I am with you heart and soul.”
Quiet – 1 Samuel 14:8-12 –> Small moment of quiet –> have Trust –> not analysis paralysis
Jonathan said, “Come on, then; we will cross over toward them and let them see us.
If they say to us, ‘Wait there until we come to you,’ we will stay where we are and not go up to them.
But if they say, ‘Come up to us,’ we will climb up, because that will be our sign that the Lord has given them into our hands.”
So both of them showed themselves to the Philistine outpost. “Look!” said the Philistines.
“The Hebrews are crawling out of the holes they were hiding in.”
The men of the outpost shouted to Jonathan and his armor-bearer, “Come up to us and we’ll teach you a lesson.”
So Jonathan said to his armor-bearer, “Climb up after me; the Lord has given them into the hand of Israel.”
- Jonathan was not paralyzed by fear, he was pushed by his faith
Quest – 1 Samuel 14:13-15 22-23
Jonathan climbed up, using his hands and feet, with his armor-bearer right behind him. The Philistines fell before Jonathan,
and his armor-bearer followed and killed behind him. In that first attack Jonathan and his armor-bearer killed some twenty men
in an area of about half an acre.
When all the Israelites who had hidden in the hill country of Ephraim heard that the Philistines were on the run,
they joined the battle in hot pursuit.
- Just do it
- What are the questions in you life? what are the what if?
- Be quiet with God
- Commit to your quest
- Are you willing to take that leap?