Speaker: Bro Bo Sanchez
Hang out with VIP (Very Inspiring People)
Proverbs 13:20 “Walk with the wise and become wise,
for a companion of fools suffers harm.”
Show me your friends, and I’ll show you your future.
Social Environment shapes us (Companion, friends)
Change your friends and you change your life.
1. You want to be happy? Hang out with happy people
2. You want to be healthy? Hang out with healthy people
3. You want to be holy? Hang out with holy people
3 Steps of how to hang out with VIP
1. Elevate – who do you want to become 5 years from now?
Matthew 9:29 “According to your faith let it be
done to you.”
You decide how much God wants to bless you
2. Evaluate – the people in your life
Jim Rohn – You are the average of 5 people you
spent most of your time
Does my gang match my goals?
1 Corinthians 15:33 “Bad company corrupts good character.”
Luke 14:12-14 “When you give a luncheon or dinner,
do not invite your friends, your brothers or sisters,
your relatives, or your rich neighbors;
if you do, they may invite you back
and so you will be repaid.
But when you give a banquet, invite the poor,
the crippled, the lame, the blind,
and you will be blessed.
Although they cannot repay you,
you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”
There should be BALANCE
– don’t abandon your friends who needs your support.
Add to your group of friends the people who can inspire you.
(give and receive love)
3. Emulate – write down 5 people who are already living
3 Ways to connect your life to them
1. Direct Connection – communicate with them, have
coffee dates with them
2. Indirect Connection – read their works
3. Spiritual Connection – through prayers
Ask for prayers from the saints
Hebrew 12:1 “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses,
let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.
And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us”