* Signs when you’re suppose to stop the relationship
* Judges 16:4-6
Some time later, he fell in love with a woman in the Valley of Sorek whose name was Delilah.
The rulers of the Philistines went to her and said, “See if you can lure him into showing you
the secret of his great strength and how we can overpower him so we may tie him up and subdue him.
Each one of us will give you eleven hundred shekels of silver.”
So Delilah said to Samson, “Tell me the secret of your great strength and how you can be tied up and subdued.”
Then she said to him, “How can you say, ‘I love you,’ when you won’t confide in me?
This is the third time you have made a fool of me and haven’t told me the secret of your great strength.”
With such nagging she prodded him day after day until he was sick to death of it.
So he told her everything. “No razor has ever been used on my head,” he said,
“because I have been a Nazirite dedicated to God from my mother’s womb.
If my head were shaved, my strength would leave me, and I would become as weak as any other man.”
Then the Philistines seized him, gouged out his eyes and took him down to Gaza.
Binding him with bronze shackles, they set him to grinding grain in the prison.
– Samson fell inlove with the wrong reasons
– Delilah did not love Samson but loves money
* Find God’s love not outside, but inside your heart
* Main Message: What is, will be.
* Why do we fall for jerk or jerkettes?
Because we think that we can change people
We cannot change people, we are not God
* Marriage is pressure –> It’s not easy –> put effort in it
* People think that wehn you get married, everything will change
* Marriage will bring out of what is already there
* Look for specific signs in a relationship
* 8 Signs of Stop Signs
1. Addiction – it is sickness
2. Controlling – insecure; there has to be a limit in controlling
3. Irresponsible – too dependent
4. Infidelity – trust
a. coward – he cannot tell you the truth
b. can’t stay faithful
5. Uncontrolled Debt
6. Chronic Lying – not brave enough to tell the truth
7. Unexplained Mood Swings
* What if I’m already married to a jerk or a jerkette?
– Separate temporarily so that rehabilitation can take place
* We need God to bless our relationship
No matter how imperfect it is
* God prepares you to be the right person before you find the
right person for you
* Discover what God wants for you