In the month of Nisan in the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes, when wine was brought for him,
I took the wine and gave it to the king. I had not been sad in his presence before,
so the king asked me, “Why does your face look so sad when you are not ill?
This can be nothing but sadness of heart.”
I was very much afraid, but I said to the king, “May the king live forever!
Why should my face not look sad when the city where my ancestors are buried lies in ruins,
and its gates have been destroyed by fire?”
The king said to me, “What is it you want?”
Then I prayed to the God of heaven, and I answered the king,
“If it pleases the king and if your servant has found favor in his sight,
let him send me to the city in Judah where my ancestors are buried so that I can rebuild it.”
Then the king, with the queen sitting beside him, asked me,
“How long will your journey take, and when will you get back?”
It pleased the king to send me; so I set a time.
* What is your dream for your country?
* What is your prayer for your country?
* We laugh at Filipinos who makes something wrong.
* Never be comfortabe. Always be heartbroken.
* Not a romantic heartbreak
* When you are heartbroken, it means you truly loved.
* What does real love mean?
* Heart of Nehemiah
1. Big heart
Even if he was in Persia, his heart was left in Jerusalem
Een if he was already working with the emperor
Types of Heart
a. Small Heart – selfish people
– What is it for me?
b. Regular Heart – big enough to fit only special people,
whom they know, whom they love
c. Big Heart – his heart includes everyone
– Are we still moved by the suffering of others?
– 26% live below poverty line
– 3 out of 10 are hungry everyday
– If you want to have a big heart, it is always broken
– Never be comfortable
– You cannot hear God’s voice when your heart is not broken
– Have your role models – real heroes
2. Best heart
– He is excellent with his work
– Colossians 3:23-24
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,
since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.
It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
3. Bold Heart
– He did something about it
Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food.
If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,”
but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?
In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
– What can I do right now?
– Start small
– Do something
– Let’s make disciples for Jesus
– Start now
– Be a helper in our own little way