“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again?
It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.”
* Salt -> To preserve food -> Battle bacteria
* You are the salt
* In society there is a living bacteria -> unforgiveness, dishonesty, anger, bitterness, compromise
* You need to be opposite to fight the evil of society
* Preserve goodness of life
* Preserve life
* Stress -> result of wrongdoing
* Preserve other people’s life
* Don’t lose your saltness -> stay loving, stand firm
* Do not underestimate yourself by comparing yourself to others -> you are unique
* Bring out your goodness
* Have you given up on the Philippines?
* Never give up
“Jesus and his disciples went on to the villages around
Caesarea Philippi. On the way he asked them, “Who do people say I am?””
* Do we know ourselves as Filipino?
* True identiry as Filipino
* Look beyond the person not just the flaws
-> God has a plan for each and everyone of us
* Maybe we have forgotten who we are as Filipin
* We have inferiority complex
* God made you just right
* Balance of brain and heart
* Filipinos have initiative and cooperation
-> They find a way
* Learn to celebrate our gifts
-> Fullfill God’s plan for you
* Be true to who you are
“The angel of the Lord came and sat down under the oak in Ophrah that belonged to Joash the Abiezrite,
where his son Gideon was threshing wheat in a winepress to keep it from the Midianites.
When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, “The Lord is with you, mighty warrior.””
* God has X-Ray Vision
-> On the inside, God saw courage
1 Samuel 16:7
“But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him.
The Lord does not look at the things people look at.
People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.””
* God sees who yu will be tomorrow
“Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh,
and I am the least in my family.”
* God likes woking with underdogs.
1 Corinthians 1:26-27
“Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called.
Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential;
not many were of noble birth.
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise;
God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.”
* When God speaks, he cannot be wrong