Mark 2: 15-17
While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house,
many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples,
for there were many who followed him. When the teachers of the law
who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors,
they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor,
but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
* We have The Feast — this is a gathering of broken people.
* For the Jews, if we have meal together, we are friends.
* BIG MESSAGE:
ALL CHANGE IS INNER CHANGE OR IT IS NOT CHANGE AT ALL.
* We need to be more disciplined for us to change
* God loves you
* If you know that the Lord loves you so much,
would you abuse his love?
Would you sin because God will forgive you anyway?
If so, you did not get His love.
Or would you sin no more because if you sin, you hurt the one who loves you
* How do we Enable Inner Change
One day as Jesus was standing by the Lake of Gennesaret, the people were crowding around him
and listening to the word of God. He saw at the water’s edge two boats, left there by the fishermen,
who were washing their nets. He got into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon,
and asked him to put out a little from shore. Then he sat down and taught the people from the boat.
When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.”
Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so,
I will let down the nets.” When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish
that their nets began to break. So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them,
and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink.
When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus’ knees and said, “Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!”
For he and all his companions were astonished at the catch of fish they had taken,
and so were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, Simon’s partners.
Then Jesus said to Simon, “Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people.”
So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.
1. Clarify His Worth
– Jesus was clarifying Peter’s worth
– Jesus needed Peter for His ministry
– Never look down at anyone
– Jesus can use your brokenness
2. Clarify His Want
– Jesus clarify Peter’s want
– Jesus focused His attention to Peter’s needs
– Jesus answered Peter’s need (since they worked hard all night and have not caught anything)
– People are more imortant than ministry
– Jesus is not a user
– Relationship enable them to work hard
3. Clarify His Way
– Jesus said “Follow me.” — Who is your way? It is Jesus
– How will you make it happen? How will you make your dreams happen?
– Lower down your pride — Ask someone who already is living your dream.
4. Clarify Your Wingman
– Who do you trust?
– Peter trusted the master
– Do you trust the master?
– Who can make these dreams possible?
* It’s your presence thatt will change a person’s life
* Don’t tell “You should” or “You should not”
Use “Me too”
* Jesus said –> I will help you
* Would you allow Jesus to help you?
* God is asking you to do something
* After you are enabled by God, enable others too