* Opposite of trust is control
* The only way to live is to have a deep trust in God
* Matthew 6:23-26
“Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief,
your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar.
If you pull the blinds on your windows, what a dark life you will have!
You can’t worship two gods at once. Loving one god, you’ll end up hating the other.
Adoration of one feeds contempt for the other. You can’t worship God and Money both.
If you decide for God, living a life of God-worship,
it follows that you don’t fuss about what’s on the table at mealtimes
or whether the clothes in your closet are in fashion.
There is far more to your life than the food you put in your stomach,
more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body.
Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description,
careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds.”
* Whatever you have comes from God
* We don’t deserve anything. But because God loves us so much, he gives us everything.
* Matthew 5:3
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
* Pray for the grace of trust
* 3 Ways On How To Live Simpler (From Ignatius of Loyola)
1. Let go of what you don’t need
2. Let go of what you want but you don’t need
3. Let go of what you need, but can live without
* Trust is a matter of knowing who God is
* Never doubt His power
* Know Jesus, experience Jesus
* The more you trust, the more you become happy.
* I need all of these things, but all I need is You Lord.