” For what shall it profit a man,
if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?”
* 2 Missions
1. To bring your soul to heaven.
2. To bring other souls to heaven.
* If you are praying for prosperity, be ready for it to come.
* Spiritual Preparedness
4 Prescriptions on how to get spiritually prepared
– Simplify your rules of happiness
– See to it that your rules of happiness are simple enough
so that it happens frequently
– When you compllicate your rules of happiness,
it will be a comodity
– Don’t get rid of the old joys
– Be happy with the little things
– Delight in the ordinary
– Sirach 31:29-31
“but if you drink when you are angry and upset,
it leads to headaches, embarrassment, and disgrace.
A drunken fool can lose his temper and hurt himself.
His drinking makes him weak and an easy target for angry blows.
Never rebuke a person when you have both been drinking.
Don’t hurt his feelings while he is having a good time.
It’s not the time to criticize anyone,
or to ask him to pay back a debt.”
– You are not an owner, you are a borrower
– Leviticus 25:23
“The land must not be sold permanently,
because the land is mine
and you reside in my land
as foreigners and strangers.”
– But you would say “I work hard for this with my own sweat.”
Who gave you the ability to sweat and work?
– God gave you all.
– Prayer: God, what do you want me to do with your wealth?
– Don’t let money posess you.
– James 4:14
“Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow.
What is your life? You are a mist
that appears for a little while and then vanishes.”
– Exchange earthly currency to eternal currency.
– Let go of the currency that have less value.
– Earthly currency is losing its value.
You cannot bring it to heaven
– Love -> is the eternal currency