Month: August 2015
” Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved,
compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, and patience.”
* God loves you unconditionally no matter who you are
and what you did.
* You cannot do anything to stop God from loving you.
* Match your clothes with your identity
* How to become Jesus to others
* Power of coffee dates
– Listen, ask questions, share stories
“Philip found Nathan-el, and said to him,
‘We have found him of whom Moses in the law and also
the prophets wrote, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.’
Nathan-el said to him, ‘Can anything good come out of
Nazareth?’ Philip said to him, ‘Come and see.’
* Coach to Jesus
* Philip did not explain, but rather he said
“Come and see.”
* I will show Jesus to you
– Love them, the way Jesus loves them.
* The best way to teach people about Jesus
is to let people see Jesus live in your life.
* Love that person
* People are looking for real experience of God’s love
* People are not looking for religion, they are looking for love
* Religion is also important because it is the way to connect to God
* You need to love them like Jesus
* Give real bread for people who are hungry
Don’t just talk to them about bread
Let them eat bread
* Your life becomes the bible
* Clothe yourself with Jesus
– people will understand Jesus
* But you cannot give what you don’t have
If you don’t have love, you cannot give love
Allow yourself to be loved by God first
Then this love will overflow to others
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son
and of the Holy Spirit”
* Don’t tell yourself you’re not good enough
Go and love others
* God Wants you to coach people to Jesus
* How can I talk to people? I’m a mess too.
“Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house,
and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them.”
“Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people,
“Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Messiah?”
They came out of the town and made their way toward him.”
* You don’t need to be 100% Ok
* 2 Ways to disciple
– Can I make friends?
– Use SIS BRO
– Interest – Talk about the other person
Don’t be so self absorbed
– Similarities – Connection
– Busy – What are you currently busy at?
What’s keeping you busy?
– Relationship – Married/Single
– Openness – No judgement – Be Jesus to others
No judgement don’t mean you accept the sin,
but you don’t judge the sinner, but accept him/her
– Can I tell stories?
– God can use you
* Can you trust Jesus for the result? Let go of the result to Jesus
* The best preachers are not preachers but problems
* Patience – problem will come
* Be Jesus to people
* Give your talents in the hands of God
* Everytime you put yourself in God’s hands, you’ll be fine
Mark 2: 15-17
While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house,
many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples,
for there were many who followed him. When the teachers of the law
who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors,
they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor,
but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
* We have The Feast — this is a gathering of broken people.
* For the Jews, if we have meal together, we are friends.
* BIG MESSAGE:
ALL CHANGE IS INNER CHANGE OR IT IS NOT CHANGE AT ALL.
* We need to be more disciplined for us to change
* God loves you
* If you know that the Lord loves you so much,
would you abuse his love?
Would you sin because God will forgive you anyway?
If so, you did not get His love.
Or would you sin no more because if you sin, you hurt the one who loves you
* How do we Enable Inner Change
One day as Jesus was standing by the Lake of Gennesaret, the people were crowding around him
and listening to the word of God. He saw at the water’s edge two boats, left there by the fishermen,
who were washing their nets. He got into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon,
and asked him to put out a little from shore. Then he sat down and taught the people from the boat.
When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.”
Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so,
I will let down the nets.” When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish
that their nets began to break. So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them,
and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink.
When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus’ knees and said, “Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!”
For he and all his companions were astonished at the catch of fish they had taken,
and so were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, Simon’s partners.
Then Jesus said to Simon, “Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people.”
So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.
1. Clarify His Worth
– Jesus was clarifying Peter’s worth
– Jesus needed Peter for His ministry
– Never look down at anyone
– Jesus can use your brokenness
2. Clarify His Want
– Jesus clarify Peter’s want
– Jesus focused His attention to Peter’s needs
– Jesus answered Peter’s need (since they worked hard all night and have not caught anything)
– People are more imortant than ministry
– Jesus is not a user
– Relationship enable them to work hard
3. Clarify His Way
– Jesus said “Follow me.” — Who is your way? It is Jesus
– How will you make it happen? How will you make your dreams happen?
– Lower down your pride — Ask someone who already is living your dream.
4. Clarify Your Wingman
– Who do you trust?
– Peter trusted the master
– Do you trust the master?
– Who can make these dreams possible?
* It’s your presence thatt will change a person’s life
* Don’t tell “You should” or “You should not”
Use “Me too”
* Jesus said –> I will help you
* Would you allow Jesus to help you?
* God is asking you to do something
* After you are enabled by God, enable others too
Coach – Talk 1 – Embrace
Romans 15:7 “Welcome one another, therefore, as Christ has welcomed you,
for the glory of God.”
* If we want to change the other person,
we usually use the following tools
Thes tools often carries with it
one thing — FEAR
* LOVE — The best tool to change the other person
* God is Love
* Rejection is painful – Bring it to Jesus
The first person who reject you is yourself.
* You compare yourself to a lie
Example – compare your body to a model
* Appreciate yourself today
* Accept and stop complaining
* Embrace others weaknesses
* Embrace yourself
* Accepting is not agreeing
You accept a sinner but you don’t accept
* Embrace a person — you need to zoom out
1. Zoom out to include the crisis
– Don’t judge
– It is easier to ask than to judge at once
– Ask before you judge a person
2. Zoom out to include the core
– Man by nature is good because we are created in God’s image
– Accept God’s love
– Acceptance is powerful
– What would Jesus do? Embrace.
We are all weak. Only God is strong.
So we have to respect, accept and embrace our weakness.
It is God who makes us strong. Pray for that grace
of strength. Strength to love one another, despite of
our weakness. Jesus said, love God with all your heart,
with all your strength. And love one another as God
* Opposite of trust is control
* The only way to live is to have a deep trust in God
* Matthew 6:23-26
“Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief,
your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar.
If you pull the blinds on your windows, what a dark life you will have!
You can’t worship two gods at once. Loving one god, you’ll end up hating the other.
Adoration of one feeds contempt for the other. You can’t worship God and Money both.
If you decide for God, living a life of God-worship,
it follows that you don’t fuss about what’s on the table at mealtimes
or whether the clothes in your closet are in fashion.
There is far more to your life than the food you put in your stomach,
more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body.
Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description,
careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds.”
* Whatever you have comes from God
* We don’t deserve anything. But because God loves us so much, he gives us everything.
* Matthew 5:3
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
* Pray for the grace of trust
* 3 Ways On How To Live Simpler (From Ignatius of Loyola)
1. Let go of what you don’t need
2. Let go of what you want but you don’t need
3. Let go of what you need, but can live without
* Trust is a matter of knowing who God is
* Never doubt His power
* Know Jesus, experience Jesus
* The more you trust, the more you become happy.
* I need all of these things, but all I need is You Lord.
” For what shall it profit a man,
if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?”
* 2 Missions
1. To bring your soul to heaven.
2. To bring other souls to heaven.
* If you are praying for prosperity, be ready for it to come.
* Spiritual Preparedness
4 Prescriptions on how to get spiritually prepared
– Simplify your rules of happiness
– See to it that your rules of happiness are simple enough
so that it happens frequently
– When you compllicate your rules of happiness,
it will be a comodity
– Don’t get rid of the old joys
– Be happy with the little things
– Delight in the ordinary
– Sirach 31:29-31
“but if you drink when you are angry and upset,
it leads to headaches, embarrassment, and disgrace.
A drunken fool can lose his temper and hurt himself.
His drinking makes him weak and an easy target for angry blows.
Never rebuke a person when you have both been drinking.
Don’t hurt his feelings while he is having a good time.
It’s not the time to criticize anyone,
or to ask him to pay back a debt.”
– You are not an owner, you are a borrower
– Leviticus 25:23
“The land must not be sold permanently,
because the land is mine
and you reside in my land
as foreigners and strangers.”
– But you would say “I work hard for this with my own sweat.”
Who gave you the ability to sweat and work?
– God gave you all.
– Prayer: God, what do you want me to do with your wealth?
– Don’t let money posess you.
– James 4:14
“Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow.
What is your life? You are a mist
that appears for a little while and then vanishes.”
– Exchange earthly currency to eternal currency.
– Let go of the currency that have less value.
– Earthly currency is losing its value.
You cannot bring it to heaven
– Love -> is the eternal currency