* God doesn’t like to complicate things
* When you disobey God’s will, life gets complicated.
* Follow His voice
* Extreme busyness is an addiction
– It destroys you
* Stress destroys our health
* Stress destroys relationship
* Jesus gives solution to worn out
Then, because so many people were coming and going
that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them,
“Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”
1. “Come with me”
– Jesus is about relationship
– Our 1st relationship – Relationship with God
– Where you are going is not as important as who you are going with
– Jesus is saying, let us journey together
– The only rest comes from resting in God
– God’s love will give you rest
2. “By yourselves”
– Real rest comes from right relationship
– Where would you stay?
a. In a 5-star hotel with someone you don’t like
b. In a nipa hut withh someone you like
– You are your most important comanion
– Do you like yourself?
– Do you appreciate yourself?
– Do you celebrate yourself?
– Fix your relationship with you
– Love yourself the way God loves you
3. “To a quiet place”
– Is your heart noisy?
– There is a crowd in our hearts
– Voice of fear
* Worry is fear
* Anger is fear
* Greed is fear
* Selfishness is fear of not being enough
– There is only 1 antidote of fear
1 John 4:18
“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear,
because fear has to do with punishment.
The one who fears is not made perfect in love.”
– Why are you always tired?
– Your body slept, but your heart and mind did not rest.
– Tired because you are afraid
– Silence all voices – Follow only one voice – voice of God
– The only cure to stress
— Follow God’s voice
— Recieve the love of God
— Drive out the fear from your heart
* You will always have something to carry
– In any point in our lives
– We will always have a yoke
– Make your yoke light
– Find peace, joy, happiness in the midst of your busyness
– Peace if you have Jesus
– Amidst trouble, if Jesus is in you, you have peace
* Come to Jesus and you will have rest