“There was a rich man whose land produced a bountiful harvest.
He asked himself. “What shall I do, for I do not have space
to store my harvest?” And he said, “This is what I shall do:
I shall tear down my barns and build bigger ones. There I shall
store all my grain and other goods and I shall say to myself,
“Now as for you, you have so many good things stored up
for many years, rest, eat, drink, be merry!”
But God said to him, ‘You fool, this night your life will be
demanded of you; and the things you have prepared, to whom
will they belong?’ Thus will it be for the one who stored
up treasure for himself but is not rich in what matters to God.”
* How do you manage when you have nothing?
How do you behave when you have everything?
* Be managers and not horders of God’s blessings
* When God multiplies your wealth, divide it.
* 4 Ways to give
1. Give to your family
1 Timothy 5:8
“And whoever does not provide for relatives and
especially family members has denied the faith
and is worse than an unbeliever.”
– You cannot share what you don’t have
* where can I borrow money? Or where can I earn money?
* I giving, dole outs are only for emergencies
– Don’t train them to be parasites
– Teach them how to fish, and not just give them fish
– Problem: Some families cannot work together
2. Share to your team
“Masters, treat your slaves justly and fairly,
realizing that you too have a Master in heaven.”
– Love your employees
– Customers don’t deal with company, they deal with people.
– Give them balance
– Productivity increases when they spend time with family.
3. Give to the poor
“Likewise, you shall not pick your vineyard bare,
nor gather up the grapes that have fallen. These things
you shall leave for the poor and the alien. I, the Lord,
am your God.”
– Law of Gleaning
– People centered or profit centered
4. Give to the Lord
“Honor the Lord with your wealth, with first fruits
of all your produce”
– When You give, you become more of Christ to others
– When you give, you open yourself more to joy, more love.
– You cannot outdo God in His generosity.