Month: July 2015
* God doesn’t like to complicate things
* When you disobey God’s will, life gets complicated.
* Follow His voice
* Extreme busyness is an addiction
– It destroys you
* Stress destroys our health
* Stress destroys relationship
* Jesus gives solution to worn out
Then, because so many people were coming and going
that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them,
“Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”
1. “Come with me”
– Jesus is about relationship
– Our 1st relationship – Relationship with God
– Where you are going is not as important as who you are going with
– Jesus is saying, let us journey together
– The only rest comes from resting in God
– God’s love will give you rest
2. “By yourselves”
– Real rest comes from right relationship
– Where would you stay?
a. In a 5-star hotel with someone you don’t like
b. In a nipa hut withh someone you like
– You are your most important comanion
– Do you like yourself?
– Do you appreciate yourself?
– Do you celebrate yourself?
– Fix your relationship with you
– Love yourself the way God loves you
3. “To a quiet place”
– Is your heart noisy?
– There is a crowd in our hearts
– Voice of fear
* Worry is fear
* Anger is fear
* Greed is fear
* Selfishness is fear of not being enough
– There is only 1 antidote of fear
1 John 4:18
“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear,
because fear has to do with punishment.
The one who fears is not made perfect in love.”
– Why are you always tired?
– Your body slept, but your heart and mind did not rest.
– Tired because you are afraid
– Silence all voices – Follow only one voice – voice of God
– The only cure to stress
— Follow God’s voice
— Recieve the love of God
— Drive out the fear from your heart
* You will always have something to carry
– In any point in our lives
– We will always have a yoke
– Make your yoke light
– Find peace, joy, happiness in the midst of your busyness
– Peace if you have Jesus
– Amidst trouble, if Jesus is in you, you have peace
* Come to Jesus and you will have rest
* Identify your core.
* Simple life is not a set of action.
It is your inner attitude.
3 Attitude that you should develop
* Pride and legalism goes together
* If you want to complicate your life, start complaining
If you want to simplify your life, start thanking
* Phil 4:11 “Not that I complain of want;
for I have learned, in whatever state I am, to be content.
* But we should never be content by the amount that we can give.
– Earn as much as you can so that you can give as much as you can.
* Adults have security blanket
– mostly, their security blanket is money.
* Security blanket is your core.
* Find a solid security blanket
* What is your security blanket? Is it a person?
* Security blanket – only one thing
–> God is fond of you.
– God is the source of all material wealth. He is the source
of my life. He is the reason why I live. He is the reason
why I breathe. He is my provider. He is my life.
Sometimes in my journey in this life, I tend to lean to
something or someone. I also lean to money. I feel insecure
whenever my finances are threatened by different factors.
I feel miserable when that something or someone goes away.
I believe that whenever God takes
away something or someone in my life, He sees that I am
beginning to make that something or someone the source
of my life. When in fact, only God is my source of life.
He is the one who gives me all of the things and the persons
that I need. Yes, there is pain whenever God takes away
things or people from my life. Yet I believe that it
is a great blessing for me. For me to be able to once
again fix my eyes on Him and Him alone. Because He
alone is my God. He is my joy. He is my peace. He is
the source of love. He is my everything.
Being rich is not wrong. Or having someone or something
that makes you happy is not wrong. It is the disposition
of the heart is what matters. If you know that everything
comes from God — your wealth, good relationships —
and your eyes is still fixed on Him,
then you will always have a grateful heart. You will always
be contented and secured, because you know that God is your provider.
Because you know that our God is a loving God.
My God, I pray that You grant me the heart that trusts in You completely.
Change me my Lord. I cannot change myself. I need you my God.
Fix my eyes on You and You alone my Lord.
I believe that whenever I am weak, I am strong, because of Your grace. Amen.
From Bro. Bo’s Talk
* Choose growth over money
* If you choose growth, money will follow.
* When you’re building your business, you grow in your character.
* Don’t pray that you win the lotto, pray for money machines.
* Gen. 13:9 “Is not the whole land available? Please separate from me. If you prefer the left,
I will go to the right; if you prefer the right, I will go to the left.”
Gen. 13:14-15 “After Lot had parted from him, the Lord said to Abraham: Look about you.
and from where you are, gaze to the north and south, east and west; all the land that you see
I will give to you and your descendants forever.”
– There is growth in kindness, patience and perseverance
* Solomon, when asked by God what he wants to have,
told God “Give me wisdom.”
– He chose growth.
* In due time, the money will follow.
From Dean Pax Lapid’s Talk
* Commitment to growth.
* Rich – man with many money
Wealthy – man with passion in mind and heart
– leaves legacy
* We strive from good, better, to best.
– This is the encapsulation of growth.
* Growth is a marathon
1. Purpose – Dean Pax Lapid’s purpose –
“I aspire to inspire before I expire.”
2. Preparation and Planning
* Getting ahead
* Moving forward
* Passion – Energizes your talents
* Courage – Test the talent
* Growth must be seen in 3D
1. Discover – Explore talent
2. Develop – Excel in your gift
3. Deliver – Expand Talent
* BHAG – Big Hairy Audacious Goal
* Price Tag for growth
– Big dream is not enough
– add positive attitude and big effort
– subtract what is fearful
– Fear of loss
– Fear of process
– Fear of outcome
– Yearn to earn, Yearn to learn
* Your X-Factor is your excellence with your talent
* Excel in planning
– “Vision without execution is hallucination” – Henry Ford
* 2 Failures
1. Thinking without action
2. Action without thinking
* Serve – divide
* Satisfy Customers – multiply
– Show love
* Serve first, the money will follow
* Service starts with sincerity
* 2 Things Customers Buy
2. Happiness – something that makes them happy
* Expand Prospects
– It’s all about relationship and love
* Self -> Service -> Significance
* If you want to grow, pray to God not to be better
but to be the best.
* There’s always gonna be a risk when you love
“There was a rich man whose land produced a bountiful harvest.
He asked himself. “What shall I do, for I do not have space
to store my harvest?” And he said, “This is what I shall do:
I shall tear down my barns and build bigger ones. There I shall
store all my grain and other goods and I shall say to myself,
“Now as for you, you have so many good things stored up
for many years, rest, eat, drink, be merry!”
But God said to him, ‘You fool, this night your life will be
demanded of you; and the things you have prepared, to whom
will they belong?’ Thus will it be for the one who stored
up treasure for himself but is not rich in what matters to God.”
* How do you manage when you have nothing?
How do you behave when you have everything?
* Be managers and not horders of God’s blessings
* When God multiplies your wealth, divide it.
* 4 Ways to give
1. Give to your family
1 Timothy 5:8
“And whoever does not provide for relatives and
especially family members has denied the faith
and is worse than an unbeliever.”
– You cannot share what you don’t have
* where can I borrow money? Or where can I earn money?
* I giving, dole outs are only for emergencies
– Don’t train them to be parasites
– Teach them how to fish, and not just give them fish
– Problem: Some families cannot work together
2. Share to your team
“Masters, treat your slaves justly and fairly,
realizing that you too have a Master in heaven.”
– Love your employees
– Customers don’t deal with company, they deal with people.
– Give them balance
– Productivity increases when they spend time with family.
3. Give to the poor
“Likewise, you shall not pick your vineyard bare,
nor gather up the grapes that have fallen. These things
you shall leave for the poor and the alien. I, the Lord,
am your God.”
– Law of Gleaning
– People centered or profit centered
4. Give to the Lord
“Honor the Lord with your wealth, with first fruits
of all your produce”
– When You give, you become more of Christ to others
– When you give, you open yourself more to joy, more love.
– You cannot outdo God in His generosity.